vision2020@moscow.com: (no subject)

(no subject)

John Teeter (johnt@fsr.com)
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:14:58 +0800

here's what I'd like to see:

1 - re: the "view". I think there are three primary ways to
want to view the info. These should be easy to move between
and ideally, we should remember what specific individuals desire.
a - a calender view - layed out in a normal date-book way maybe.
b - categorized view (with date ordering in each category). this is
a juxtraposition of the (a) view.
c - a calender view "filtered" category - allowing me not to have to
look at things I don't want to.

2 - re: updating and information maintenance - it should be possible for
people in the community to management their own info (ie. they can
add their own events and comments etc.) This implies that we have
to be able to know who the "owner" of a particular event entry is
so that for example, the left wingers can't mutilate the right-wingers
events enteries and vice versa etc. Additionally, there needs to be
a way to trigger the removal of events after their time has occured and
to allow for cyclic events (like first thursday of every month) to
stay alive, but with an new agenda for example.

Finally, there should be a way to do entries one at a time (via a
normal forms interface via your browser) and also batch inserts (via
an e-mail insertion mechanism.)

I've thought a bit about this and have a start on the implementation of such
a beast. I'll try to make it available (even if in limited functionality) if
you desire to attempt to use it, or most certainly later when its fully
in place. Till then, I've had Jan Buell keep the one that I mentioned to
you up-to-date. It will be the "seed" for the better world later on. If
you want things put into the one Jan is keeping, just send mail to
jbuell@fsr.com and she'll (possibly grudgingly) put it in....be kind to
her...

till later,

johnt

> Tom Lamar, First Step Research, and others, A centralized,
> inclusive community calendar is much needed. I just took a look
> at the website events page, and although there is plentiful
> information available, it is organized alphabetically rather
> than by date. To understand what all is scheduled on November
> 8th, say, the browser must read every entry of meetings, weekly
> meetings, events, and so forth.

> We need a calendar format, and information concerning to whom we
> submit event announcements. I have a slew to submit.

> Susan

> Coordinator | | FAX: 208-885-9494 Women's Center | | E-mail:
> susanp@osprey.csrv.uidaho.edu University of Idaho | | Alias:
> Auntie Nuke Moscow, Idaho 83844-1064 | | | | "People convinced
> against their will, hold the same opinion still" | | |

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet