vision2020@moscow.com: Re: electronic newspaper

Re: electronic newspaper

John Teeter (johnt@fsr.com)
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:53:22 +0800

if you want one, you can have a home for it with us....Having worked
with LMT in their endevor, their direction is right. I think having
associated and more focused local (moscow/pullman) content available
is appropriate. At the very least, it would be nice to make the archives
of the v2020 list serve available in html for review through a browser,
but much more could be done.

as a mostly a-political type, I've lurked through most of the v2020
discussions, but have found them interesting and reflective of the
palouse spirit I first knew in the early 70's. I'm not certain that
there's a full cross section of comment, but broader exposure would
help that.

johnt

> Dear Visionaries, I just looked at the Lewiston Morning Tribune
> homepage (http://www.lmtribune.com). It occured to me that LMT
> is already structured to proved an electronic alternative to the
> Moscow & Pullman newspaper subscribers with internet access.
> LMT has the form, now they need the content. Perhaps, LMT would
> be open to the possibility of linking to a MV2020 homepage that
> would provide news and views on local events. With or without
> the LMT, a MV2020 homepage could become an electronic public
> affairs forum for Moscow & Pullman. Is MV2020 ready for a
> homepage? Still testing the wind, Steve Cooke

> p.s. regarding a "Coalition for a Better Newpaper," I would
> recall the motto of the Christophers (A religious TV show on in
> the 50-60s): "It is better to light a single candle than to
> curse the darkness."

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet