A hit, a hit, a most palpable hit!

Strange . . . I've always fancied myself more Puck than Montague or Capulet.

If I understand John Danahy correctly, he'd like us to "seal up the mouth of outrage for a while, / Till we can clear these ambiguities, / And know their spring, their head, their true descent."  Fair enough.  As long as maintaining the peace doesn't involve drinking poison or falling on a dagger, I shall try.  But since my "head is as full of quarrels as an egg is full of meat," I suspect it's just a matter of time before I find myself burned, if only in effigy.

"No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir."

Joan Opyr/Auntie E