1912 Center

The continuing effort to fund and complete the renovation of the city's
1912 Center is now officially halted (temporarily anyway).
It seems like this might be a good time to offer a suggestion for a way
to complete at least some of the renovation of the now un-renovated top
two floors at minimal cost.
What about sweat equity?  Local non-profit groups that need an office
have an abundance of talented volunteers.  If the city would provide
direction and some materials, the volunteers could fix up office space
for their favorite groups.
That sweat equity process is exactly what Habitat for Humanity uses to
build homes worldwide.  I would think it could work here--if we look
creatively for solutions.
I ask Gary Riedner, representing the city planners, to comment on this
suggestion.
BL

Back to TOC