Re: Revisiting Vandal football

Admittedly, I am fully aware that any chance of Idaho actually returning to
the Big Sky is an absolute zero.  We're in Division 1 to stay, unless the
NCAA forces us out, which is not beyond the realm of possibility.  And Tom
Cable will quite probably be back next year.  He has another year left on
his contract, which the University can ill afford to swallow.  And frankly,
who would be interested in assuming the reins of that program right now?
Chris Tormey (a Vandal indeed, he played for Idaho) saw the handwriting on
the wall.  That's why he took an essentially lateral move to Nevada-Reno.
I'm a Vandal too, Tom.  I love them right now the way you can love a family
member who needs serious help.  Call it tough love.

                                       Carl Westberg Jr.