Re: On losing the election

Greetings Visionaires -

Ed Evans (and his hypothetical wisdom) stated:

"Rather, you've resigned yourself to whatever the will of the people desires.
That's the only way you could possibly share coffee with your neighbor, or that
they'd share coffee with _you_. If a century from now the Constitution is
entirely different, and the American people come to embody everthing you
presently disagree with, you'd be just fine with that. "That's 'our'
perogative."

Ironically, if America turned into a religous fundamentalist nation, you'd be a
card-carrying member."

I never resign myself to anything.  My reponses clearly stated that I would be
willing to live in such a society.  That does not necessarily mean that I would
support it (either actively or passively).  If I feel that my rights have been
violated, I will use those tools afforded me by the US Constitution in order to
combat such a violation.

If I should be confronted by somebody that clearly does not agree with me, I am
always open for debate and a pot of coffee.

And, as far as becoming a "card-carrying religious fundamentalist", that sounds
too much like something I would come across in my thesaurus if I were to look
up the word "lemming".  As stated several times earlier, that is simply not
me.  Maybe another lifetime in a parallel universe;  NOT THIS ONE.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Moscow

           http://www.fsr.net/