From: roger hayes <rhayes@turbonet.com>
To: vision2020@moscow.com <vision2020@moscow.com>
Date: Friday, November 08, 2002 7:02 AM
Subject: Eisenhower

Greetings:

I share Mr. Hansen's concern on the dominance of a single party over all 3
branches of Fed. government.  Of late, I begin to sense that there is, in
the eyes of the Republican party, no "loyal opposition." That is to say, if
you're not on "our" side, then you are the enemy of the people. Listen
carefully to G.W's speeches.  Putting aside the illogic, the strange
grammar, and the "folksy" rhetoric, it is clear there is a true lack of
respect for anyone who might have a differerent vision than the majority's.

And this is where Eisenhower and Bush part company.  Eisenhower had a
vision for our country which was inclusive, respectful, and proud of it's
citizenry who voted, just as we did, out of fear.  Eisenhower bucked many
within his own party to maintain this dignified vision.  I do not see G.W.
Bush bucking any of the masters within his party.

While I am not so young as to think that presidential politics can be
divorced from party politics, it would take a great thinker, and a strong
individual to step back from the fray and listen carefully to the
opposition.  G.W.Bush is not that individual.  Eisenhower was.  I am very
concerned!

Sincerely,

Roger Hayes
Moscow