Re: On losing the election

Dear Priscilla (et al),

Having had an opportunity to meet and speak to Mr. Young on numerous occasions,
I too, found the "quote" attributed to him crass, inappropriate, and entirely
out of character.

There IS, however, an element of truth to "a lot of people will be watching."  I
am anxious to see what transpires as a result of our November 5, 2002 elections
- in Latah County, in Boise, and in Washington, D.C.

Nance Ceccarelli

Visionaries,

> Was Gary Young quoted out of context in last night's Daily News?  I
> certainly hope so, and I'm sure his party does too.
>
> To say about his opponent's victory in Tuesday's election, "There's going
> to be a serious price to pay. I will be watching and a lot of people will
> be watching," echos all that turns off the modern electorate.
>
> There is a proper way to win and a proper way to lose. Both should be
> marked by humility and grace, not acrimony and threats. The election is
> over.  Let's move forward in the best interests of the consituents.
>
> Priscilla Salant

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC