More Questions for Tony Brown

Tony:

When I asked where the values you are promoting come from, you replied, "The values of restorative justice can be found in most of the major religions and traditions of the world including: Native American practices; Buddhism; Chinese Culture; Christianity; Hinduism; Islam; Judahism and Sikhism."

In your most recent post, you state, "Some of the identified values of restorative justice to date have been: reparation, restitution, accountability, blanced focus on victim and offender; comptency development, apologies, forgiveness, restoration, reconciliation, reintegration into the community for victims and offenders; spirituality, peace, justice, cultural diversity, equity, mercy, atonement, inclusion and love. Many of these values are in the eye of the beholder. Some are more defined than others. Several are difficult to measure, yet are infinetly more related to the new paradigm of resotrative justice than are tools that measure retribution and criminal justice."

So what we have here is more relativism. Since there is no standard, justice is whatever you say it is, and who is to say it isn't? But why that standard, and not another one?

By the way, Tom, it really was me who wrote that post.

Cheers,

Gregory C. Dickison
Lawyer & Counselor at Law
Post Office Box 8846