From: Tony C. Brown [mailto:tony@fcrjquaker.org]
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 4:19 AM
To: gdickison@moscow.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: A Question for Tony Brown

Gregory Dickson wrote:

I have been wading through some of the restorative justice stuff you have been sending out, and it appears to come down to this: crime makes people feel bad, the current criminal justice system makes people feel bad, so we need Restorative Justice to make people feel good.

I don't believe it is possible or appropriate to simplify the principles of restorative justice into a sound bite such as criminal justice makes people feel bad; Restorative justice makes people feel good. Restorative justice is a comprehensive answer to the complex problem of a criminal (retibutive)justice system which has been in a state of crisis for a very long time (huge budgets and overcrowed sy

Where do these various values you are promoting come from?

Cordially,

Gregory C. Dickison
Lawyer & Counselor at Law
Post Office Box 8846