who's rights is it anyway!!

Dearest friends,

So that is to say that out of 100K women giving birth in this country in
1998... 6.1 of them died. Right? This does not seem to qualify as an excuse
to say that pregnancy is dangerous to the mother's health. In fact I bet a
higher % of women die in car crashes, which is not generally considered
dangerous to ones health (unless you drive like my brother!!).

I would, therefore, conclude that we could say: abortion would be illegal
unless the life of the mother was in danger, without having arguments that
pregnancy is dangerous to the life of the mother. Now... if a 13-year-old
girl gets pregnant... this would be detrimental to her physically and
emotionally especially it a case of rape or insets was present therefore she
would be allowed abortion.

I think if we are willing to prefer one person's rights above another's we
are making a very serious mistake. The argument that the unborn child is not
a person because they are not borne yet is very unscientific and narrow. For
those who argue that the baby is not a baby unless he or she can survive
without the mother is absolutely unscientific and completely misses the fact
that as science improves we are able to have younger (premature) babies
survive. So does that mean that as we get better in science the truth
changes? So the earth was flat until the Europeans pulled their heads out
and realized what the rest of the world already knew? No... the truth is
universal and constant... our understanding varies... we get smarter through
science and become more enlightened. Then we base our decisions more on
logic than superstitious unsupported dogma or fad. Today it is cool to knock
God and spirituality in the name of science yet not a single scientist has
been able to disprove God. On the other hand no one has been able to prove
God's existence either. So at best we can be agnostics!! Same goes when a
human being is created... just because we want to feel justified for killing
a baby for our own convenience that does not alter the Truth that we simply
do not know for sure but the trends and indications seem to suggest that the
spark of life is at the point of conception. This is the point of time that
seems to trigger drastic changes and the creation of a new life. Again we do
not know for sure... but I would rather play it safe! I for one do not want
the blood of another human being on my hands, especially an innocent and
pure baby.

Your brother in arms,

Shahab...