From: Bob Hoffmann [mailto:escape@alt-escape.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 12:07 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Virus Alert! Beware AnnaKourknikova!

I just received a message with the subject "Here you have, ;o) ."  The body
of the message said "Hi: Check This!"  It had a .vbs file attached.  Since
I received this twice (from the same party) at different email addresses, I
suspected that it was a virus.  I called the sender, who confirmed
infection.

Anyone who receives a message like this (part of the attachment name is
AnnaKournikova), please delete message and attachment without opening.  I
don't know what it does, but it obviously spreads through Microsoft Outlook.

I recommend that all Internet users get anti-virus software.  Additionally,
you can avoid spreading viruses that you may contract by ditching Microsoft
Outlook and going to another email client.  A very good one is Eudora,
available in several permutations (free, ad-supported, and paid) at
http://www.eudora.com/.  If you use Eudora, I recommend changing the name
of your attachments folder for extra anti-virus protection.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642