Citizen Police Academy

The Moscow Police Department is hosting a citizen police academy as another
forum to keep our community informed of our policing responsibility and
philosophy.  Participants will attend eleven sessions to learn more of what
our officers do while performing their daily activities.  The following
courses will involve lecture presentations, role-playing, live
demonstrations, and student interaction:

	Session One:  	Tuesday, February 13th  6pm to 9pm - Introduction from
Staff, Annual Report, Building Tour
	Session Two:  	Wednesday, February 21st 6pm to 9pm - Police History
	Session Three: 	Tuesday, February 27th 6pm to 9pm - Criminal Justice
System
	Session Four:  	Tuesday, March 6th 6pm to 9pm - Patrol Procedures
	Session Five:  	Tuesday, March 13th 6pm to 9pm - Traffic & Drug
Enforcement
	Session Six:	Tuesday, March 20th 6pm to 9pm - Criminal Investigations
	Session Seven:	Tuesday, March 27th 6pm to 9pm - Use of Force
	Session Eight:	Saturday, March 31st 9am to 1pm - Firearms
	Session Nine:	Saturday, April 7th 9am to 1pm - Emergency Vehicle Operation
	Session Ten:	Tuesday, April 10th 6pm to 9pm - Specialization
	Session Eleven:	Tuesday, April 17th 6pm to 9pm - Community Policing,
Graduation

Students will also have the opportunity to ride with an officer or monitor
our dispatch center at a convenient time for those interested.

All courses will begin in the Council Chambers located on the second floor
of the Community Center, 206 East 3rd Street.  Applications for the Academy
can be picked up at the Police Department at 118 East 4th Street.  Deadline
for applications is January 31st.  Class size is set at 20 students and we
have room for a few more participants.

For those interested in college credit, this course has been approved for
up to three academic credits through LCSC.  Please contact me if you have
any inquiries at 883-7059 or E-mail me at:

					djduke@uidaho.edu

David Duke
Operations Division Commander
Moscow Police Department