Re: Commissioner/chamber of commerce.

WMSteed@aol.com wrote:

> Bullshit.  You've got to be kidding that a C of C executive/county
> commissioner, in the light of public meetings, would dare to over pay/under
> pay local businesses for services rendered.

    Seldom are conflicts of interest transparent.
That does not make them any less real.  What
would bother me most about the situation described
is the *frequency* with which such conflicts would
arise.

> <<On this particular issue the prosecutor has squandered his credibility in
>
> saying that all that is required is to declare your conflict and proceed.>>
>
> This is State Law, Sam.

   Legality does not equate with ethical action.  Never
has and never will.

--
Greg Brown (gregb@alaskapacific.edu)
Associate Professor