Re: Trees

Mark and V2020,

Here's the answer from Marc Rust, who works for the Inland Empire Tree Improvement Cooperative:

"The IETIC is in the process of removing some trees in the first 12 rows of the orchard to make room for a new orchard. The area will be replanted over the next few years with grafted trees from the USFS resistance program. This is a planned replacement for part of the orchard. The remaining rows will not be replaced anytime soon."

Philip Cook

>From: "Mark Miller" <mjmiller@moscow.com>
>To: "Visionaries" <vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: Trees
>Date sent: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:19:16 -0700
>Forwarded by: vision2020@moscow.com

> Does anyone know why the U of I has stripped all the branches off of the =
> White Pine trees in the northwest corner of their grove by the Pullman =
> highway? I think that this grove is supposed to be made up of disease =
> resistant trees.
>
> Mark

Back to TOC