Re: Minimum Wage for Farm Workers

> Dear Visionaires:
>
> I've been a strong supporter of the minimum wage for farm workers.

Tom Trail is definitely on the right side of this issue. I would hate it, of
course, if anyone thought I wasn't on that same side. (I'm running as a
Democrat against Tom in the November election.)

Former Gov. Phil Batt, a farmer himself and a Republican, worked long and hard
to get farm workers paid minimum wage, and I honor him for that. The problem
hasn't been Republicans like Tom Trail or Phil Batt, the problem has been the
ultra-conservative Republican leadership, which is empowered by the fact that
85 percent of the legislators are Republican. No one will be surprised that I
think we should have more Democrats down there.

Oh yes: Phil Batt thought so too!

Don Coombs

Back to TOC