Sign Ordinance

Thanks to Sam Scripter, John Teeter, Bill London, and Greg Brown for
your thoughtful responses.  Bill, yours is noted for further
reference.  Greg, yours also, but this particular ordinance does NOT
deal with billboards--there is a separate ordinance for them.

Regarding Sam's questions, seconded by John, the information is brief
enough to be reasonably posted to V2020 or sent as an attachment to
those who would like to review it.  I will follow up to see if I can
obtain the text in a ready format to distribute it in that fashion
and advise as soon as it is available.  My preference is to send it
to those who request it and archive the text for anyone who wants to
pull it up later.  That way everyone's mail isn't cluttered (with the
consequent download time) with the full text.

Suggestions can be made through the list or through public
meetings, or both.  The subcommittee will meet with representatives
of city businesses to hear their comments, complaints, and
suggestions, and will meet with other interested community members
for the same purpose.  The full Planning and Zoning Commission will
also have a public hearing once a proposed draft of the ordinance is
submitted.  I will post notices of those meetings to the list.

Thanks again for the replies.

Mike Curley

Back to TOC