vision2020@moscow.com: Re: Come see the show

Re: Come see the show

Briana LeClaire (mmsmom1@yahoo.com)
Sun, 24 May 1998 14:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi --

I don't think you wrote to the group improperly. In fact, if not for
promoting community events, whatever is this forum for? In my humble
opinion!

I saw your show mentioned in the Arts section of the Daily News last
week, and was very intrigued. I am sorry that I will be unable to
attend, but I was wondering about you and your aviation background.

I am a member of The Ninety-Nines, an international organization of
women pilots. My mother, Gene Nora Jessen, a past International
President of the organization, just sent a book to the publisher about
the 1929 Women's Air Derby. I mention these things only to establish
my/our Jessen/LeClaire "aviation credentials." Tell me about yourself
and your idea for a play about the WASPs!

Will the show be videotaped? Any chance I can see a copy?

Thanks -- Briana LeClaire

---Ariana B wrote:

> I hope this isn't an improper use of this group but I wanted to make
sure
> everyone knew that "Silver Wings on Blue" will be performing at the
> University Inn in Moscow on Wednesday, May 27th & Thursday, May 28th
at 8 pm.

> It is directed by Angel Katen, and is performed by members of the
community.
> Silver Wings tells the story of the Women's Airforce Service Pilots,
a group
> that ferried aircraft for the Army Air Corps during WWII, and the
trials and
> successes these women faced.
>
> Tickets are on sale at the Moscow Chamber of Commerce --where you
can meet
> Angel, if you don't already know her! :->-- and at the Moscow Food
Co-op.
> Limited seating.
>
> Please come out and support some homegrown theatre.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ariana Burns
> (oh, I wrote the darn thing.)
> To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night
and day,
> to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which
any human
> being can fight; and never stop fighting.
>
> -- e.e. cummings

==
:-) Briana