vision2020@moscow.com: Re: Elementary School Teacher/Student Ratio threatened

Re: Elementary School Teacher/Student Ratio threatened

Michael Cantrell (macantr@uidaho.edu)
Mon, 18 May 1998 10:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, John Danahy wrote:

> As i am a trustee of the district, if you wish I can send any comments on
> to the rest of the Board.
>
> John Danahy
> jdanahy@turbonet.com

John,

Thanks very much for the reply. I would like to let the school board know
that I too am against a reduction in the number of teachers at West Park
school at this point. I know that every school board has to constantly
make tough decisions in attempts to balance budgets, but I would hope that
they keep foremost in their minds the hard fact that high teacher/student
ratios and good teachers are two of the most important variables over
which they have any control for increasing the quality of a student's
education. I would support cuts in many other aspects of the schools'
budgets before cuts in teacher numbers.

Mac Cantrell
510 N. Hayes
Moscow
882-5493

> ----------
> > From: Michael Cantrell <macantr@uidaho.edu>
> > To: Gens Johnson <gens@moscow.com>
> > Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
> > Subject: Re: Elementary School Teacher/Student Ratio threatened
> > Date: Tuesday, May 12, 1998 9:47 AM
> >

> > On Mon, 11 May 1998, Gens Johnson wrote:
> >

> > > ....If this scenario bothers you, please let the school board know.
> > > Gens Johnson
> >

> > Is there an email address we can use to send our concerns directly to the
> > school board?
> >
> > Mac Cantrell

This archive courtesy of:
First Step Internet