Re: Enough Is Enough

Joan Berney (JBERNEY@novell.uidaho.edu)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 16:41:55 PST

Greg,

I am absolutely 100% behind that.....I also have a response to
the Monty Stiles presentation I attended.....I've just been too
busy and I'm quitting smoking......so it's been a tough week!!!!

I will try to get that out Monday though....I hope you will find
it of interest.....I want to make sure these questions are
raised in the minds of people in the community before the Enough
is Enough presentation.....

Joan B

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 16:19:07
-0800 (PST) To: jhill@moscow.com (Jack Hill) From:
Greg Meyer <greg.mey@klewtv.com> Subject: Re: Enough Is Enough
Cc: vision2020@moscow.com

First of all, having had a brother who died as a result of his addiction to
the drug alcohol, I am very concerned that educators, law enforcement
officials and others continue to use the term "alcohol and drugs". I firmly
believe this is one of the reasons that our nation's biggest drug problem
(alcohol abuse), the one associated with more crime, violence, death and
destroyed families than all the others combined continues to destroy young
lives. Alcohol is a drug, period. It is irresponsible to not directly
associate it with other drugs simply because it is legal.

Secondly, the scheduled time for this meeting is very inconvenient for many
who might be interested in this subject. May I suggest the meeting be
scheduled in the evening, say 7:30pm, so more people may attend and share
their concerns about SUBSTANCE ABUSE.

Greg Meyer
Moscow