vision2020@moscow.com: swimming pool: indoor/outdoor; CO$T?

swimming pool: indoor/outdoor; CO$T?

Sam M W Scripter (scripter@uidaho.edu)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:43:29 -0800

Lois Melina's this morning prompted me to respond, with the base of thought
laid by the other cyber communicators of the last few days .....

I really like what I've been reading about a year-round facility which can
be "opened" up for a few summer months.

It surely does sound strange (even foolish?) to build a new outdoor swim
facility which would be used for only a few months.

However, I don't know what the "numbers" will show. I'm not so sure I want
to pay for it! But I'm pretty sure that I'd rather place my bucks on that
project than on some others (all worthy in their own right) mentioned for
our community. Yes, we ought to be able to make choices on projects,
shouldn't we?

Isn't there some way to get numbers for alternatives, and for costs vs
benefits, and take some kind of "straw vote" of public opinion, before going
to the expense and finality of a formal bonding election?????

Now, if only a new swim facility would prevent me from sinking like a big
brick! (No, I'm not a "swim freak". I always got a "C" in college PE when
swimming was the fare. I hated what it did to my GPA! But I think it is a
very attractive idea for Moscow and environs, now.)

MoscowSam

Sam Scripter
scripter@uidaho.edu