vision2020@moscow.com: Re: business park

Re: business park

Matt Kitterman (MATT@elder.csrv.uidaho.edu)
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 16:40:24 PST8PDT

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Kay (?) wrote:
> And perhaps it is time for the city and county officials to get off of
> there collective butts and find a way, without involving policing
> **literally** to give the young people of this town something to do
> other than drinking **a major contributor to population growth** and
> hanging out at the not so friendly friendship square. Perhaps if those
> who are full-time employees of city and county weren't so overpaid for an
> under done job we could afford to build a
> recreational/entertainment/refuge for this 'communities' youth!!!!!!!

Well, I don't think underage drinking is generally a contributing
factor in population growth but I think I get what you are driving
at. In Coeur d'Alene, my former hometown (before Moscow), that
seemed to be the major outlet for us disaffected youth. There are
arguably more recreational outlets in Cd'A than Moscow (the lake, proximity to
skiing, etc.) but the 'youth problem' was there. I get the
impression that Moscow is not nearly as troubled by 'troubled youth'
as Cd'A (which was about the same size then as Moscow is now.) I
admit to being pretty out of touch: what is the scope of the problem
in Moscow?

> One of the nicest qualities of Moscow has and is daily being demolished
> by new housing developments. If people insist on building there houses
> on the hills why not dig down or through? The view they seem to want all
> to themselves would still be there without those surrounding having to
> look at a sore thumb!!!!>

I couldn't agree with you more.

> As you can see I am not very open minded in this particular matter. I am
> tired of my small town being turned into a yuppie colony.
> Kay

Well, actually, it is all of our small town (or probably small city
would be more accurate.) You may not like changes but they are likely to go on happening, for better or
worse. I hope we can make it for better.
Matt
46.733 latitude
-117.000 longitude

This archive courtesy of: