RE: mail-order tax exemptions

As stated before, I'm no fan of taxes, but I definately don't want to evade
paying what is due.  I have not had to file yet for the items I've purchased
via mail order.  So I am glad that I emailed my concern to this public forum
because I may not have noticed that on the tax form 40, line 39, there
indeed is a place for sales/use tax.  This includes items bought on mail
order, internet and other nontaxed purchases.

I know I was not alone in thinking I would not have to pay a sales tax on
these items.  My mistake.  So for others who may not know, you do have to
file taxes for the above mentioned items.

This makes me wonder how much our state is losing on this percieved
"loophole."  Again, not so much on loss in general fund, but in out of state
purchases.  If I would have known I'd have to pay this sales tax anyways, I
would much rather have bought them in state and supported local businesses.

Is there a way to make this common knowledge to avoid this problem?

Thank you, Ry, for pointing this out and preventing me from filing a false
tax return.

Peace from Garrett

"What are we doing to our Home?!:("