Re: Presumption of Guilt?!?! (was RE: restorative justice)

In a message dated 10/25/02 9:24:55 AM, sslund@moscow.com writes:

<< What a novel idea:  legally innocent until proven guilty in a court of

law >>

Let's see;  according to news reports, and we know how often mistakes creep
into those, one of their fingerprints belonged to the convenience store
killer in Alabama.  Also, these guys had the weapon that did the DC area
killings in their car, presumedly proven scientifically without any doubt.
If they weren't the shooters then they need to tell who put it there.

Granted there is a real and good reason difference between legally GUILTY and
public opinion INNOCENT.  But, if persons want to believe someone is guilty
at this stage I do not feel they should be berated for it whether they are
later proven to be correct or not.  Do I think OJ did it? Yep.  Is he
innocent? Yep.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC