Date: Monday, October 21, 2002 20:00:33
Subject: RE: The Community of Moscow

Greetings Visionaires -

I currently do not support or oppose CORRTJ. However, I did visit their
website (http://www.fcrjquaker.org) and found:

Goals of Friends Committee on Restorative Justice

1. Make restorative justice the first option in all juvenile justice and
disciplinary matters;

2. End to sending juveniles to adult prisons;

3. End to charging juveniles with adult felony charges;

4. Moratorium on construction of juvenile detention centers;

5. Closing of juvenile justice detention facilities;

6. Eventual acceptance in adult justice system;

7. Moratorium on construction of adult prisons;

8. Closure of all for profit prisons;

9. Abolition of the Death Penalty;

10. Community ownership of the justice system.

I will reserve my comments until later.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Moscow