LuJane Nisse, Publisher
LatahEagle and The Boomerang!
www.lataheagle.com or www.the-boomerang.com
or visit us at www.smalltownpapers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: BMoore [mailto:bmoore@fsr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:50 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com

Visionaries,

Today (Wed, 10/9) at 2:13pm a series of unsubscribe requests
began coming into the vision2020 list from our vision2020
unsubscribe page.  We were quickly able to pinpoint the source
of the unsubscribe submissions to a computer lab on the UofI
campus.  Within a very few minutes, with the cooperation of
that UofI department, we were able to identify the person at that
keyboard submitting the unsubscribe requests.  My thanks to the
folks at the U of I.

The following addresses were unsubscribed:
 o CarlWestberg846@hotmail.com
 o christianlegal2002@yahoo.com
 o rwiza@hotmail.com
 o bookpeople@moscow.com
 o london@moscow.com
 o dougwils@moscow.com
 o dwhitney@moscow.com
 o the entire Vision2020 digest

these addresses have been resubscribed.  if you received an email notice
that you had been unsubscribed, you can ignore it.  The individual
submitting
these unsubscribes has been identified as Doug Stambler.  I spoke with Mr.
Stambler by phone and he told me that he thought he was sending email
to those addresses rather than unsubscribing them.  In my opinion that would
be a very difficult mistake to make given the design and warnings on the
page.

Now I suppose we'll have to move the list to a more secure platform that
will
prevent this kind of behavior, assign passwords to everyone, etc...

Bill Moore
First Step

Back to TOC