RE: DISCUSSION:Teacher shortage

> > In the USA we have one public school -- all VoTech.
>
> Where are all these public/government vocational technical
> schools, Mr.
> Courtney?

You call them "public schools". They are votech because the universities
have to bring students up to speed in order to take college classes.

Recall the discussion we had about six weeks ago on the low-level
English 101 handouts?

"Tracking"--putting students of homogeneous ability together--is no
longer politically correct. It smacks of elitism. So all students are
often thrown together: boring the better ones and losing the worse ones.
College prep tracks are apparently out, leading to open admissions to
college and resulting in colleges having to deal with ill-prepared
students.

> Just another product of public schooling,

Yup. Sadly, me too. It's a cross we bear.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho
Free to be me, free to be you (as long as you agree with Tom Hansen...)

Back to TOC