RE: opt out?

Doug, Doug, Doug,
I wasn't trying to pigeonhole you with the helicopter reference; I just
thought it was funny.  None of the people I know with kids at Logos have
given me any reason to think they share that view, and I never thought you
believed the stormtroopers were coming either.  Of course I'm now deeply
hurt you thought so harshly of me...

You and those who share your views will continue to claim that public
education is religious, and people like me will continue to say, No, it
isn't.  Letters will continue to end with the familiar refrains, "By what
standard?" and I think the answer, when it's occasionally offered, will
continue to be "By the mish-mash of standards you don't like."

For my part, I try to also use the "Do unto others" standard. For example,
since I don't want other governments to impose regime change on us, despite
our possession and frequent use of weapons of mass distruction, I don't
think we should take the step of imposing regime change on Iraq.  Is that
relatavistic?

Sunil