Student population

Some points!!!

Student population at MSD has fallen at a significantly greater rate than
supported by local population figures.

The decline in MSD student numbers was an ongoing gradual decline first
predicted back in 1996 or so.

The community has more than enough students available to replace those lost
during the decline, and then some.

MSD could have engaged in sober reflection and begun a process to attract
more students into the system, thereby solving the fiscal crisis
perpetrated, in part, by the decline.

Instead, MSD ignored the above solution, and put forth a demand for more tax
dollars, with accompanying threats, thus precipitating two months of
discussion regarding the worth of "guvment schools" and who should be
required to pay for them.

Now, our republican dominated state legislature is talking about solving
their "fiscal crisis" by eliminating Gov. Batt's property tax reduction
measure, an act that will mean close to a million dollar property tax
increase for the MSD.

What's that quote about webs we weave when first we practice to deceive?

John Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

Back to TOC