Re: opt out?

Greetings Visionaires -

Government-controlled media?  Sounds like something out of Nazi Germany or the
Soviet Union (neither of which exist any more).

Tax-financed schools ensures for the provision of education in society.

Government-controlled media extremely limits information available to the
people.

Enough said?

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

> Douglas said:
>
> > I did not say that they were equal. But they are analogous. What argument
> > can be brought against tax-supported newspapers that cannot also be
> brought
> > against tax-supported schools? And such arguments would not work if
> applied
> > to street lights.
>

> I think that government provision of education and street lights are more
> analogous than the government controling education and the press. Society as
> a whole benefits because its members are literate, i.e. they can read a
> newspaper. Society also benefits from night lighting on public avenues, i.e.
> it reduces accidents. Society does not benefit from the government
> controlling the press, i.e. we have less information on which to hone the
> skills aquired in the public schools.
>
> Troy Merrill

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC