Who pays for the RV park water/sewage

I have been surprised that no local media have followed up on the questions
raised on Vision 2020 by Terry Johnson-Huhta regarding the public use of water
and sewage dump at the RV park at the Latah County Fairgrounds.
To start to clarify the issues, I asked Gary Riedner (city administrator) who
the city billed for that water.
As you can read below in our emails, the water and sewage there is billed to the
fairgrounds.
So, I called the fairgrounds office and was told that the fairgrounds activities
(including building rentals and the funds taken from that donation jar at the
sewage dump) account for about 60 percent of the fair budget, and that the other
40 percent comes from county taxes.
And that seems to be the answer to the question of who pays for the sewage dump
and water faucet at the fairgrounds: taxpayers pay about half of it.
BL

Back to TOC