RE: Theological Attack On Public Schools

Greg Burton wrote:

>   Folks, now public schools are not only government, but pagan, too?

Well, yes.  Webster's definition of pagan: "one who has little or no
religion". Since religion has been banned from government schools,
doesn't the term "pagan" seem technically correct?

The term must rub people the wrong way, like the term "government
schools" -- but I'm just striving for "truth in advertising!"  :)

>   Dale suggests privatizing government services like
> education makes good economic sense. "That's why out-sourcing
> is so prevalent in the state and federal government."
>   Riddle me this then? What about corrections and the state
> and federal penal system? Many states contract privately for
> correctional officers and institutions. Other states refuse,
> arguing that justice, punishment and retribution - whatever
> the cost - are foundations of good government.

The civil government has a constitutional (and biblical) mandate to
ensure justice is provided (e.g., police, military, judges, courts,
etc). There is no such mandate when it comes to education.

It is not the responsibility of the civil government to provide
educational services, period. That responsibility lies with parents as
they see fit -- vocational education, college-prep, boarding schools,
etc. But government has a one-size-fits-all mentality -- and, as always,
it's to the lowest common denominator.

Greg: You tell me why parents are fleeing the government school?

Pax,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho

Back to TOC