From: Tom Lamar [mailto:lamar@pcei.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:07 PM
To: Stephanie Kalasz
Subject: Re: Dry Well??

Stephanie,

Is Well #9 13,005 feet deep?  That's more than two miles down.

Tom

>Well #9 is 13,005 feet deep and the pump is set at 450 feet - static water
>over the pump is at 314 feet.  When the pump is at pumping level we are at
>345.  So, there is over 100 feet of water over the pump at all times.  The
>well is cased and it is virtually impossible for mud and rocks to get in
the
>pump.  This information is per the Moscow Water Department.  The motor
>failed due to something in the motor - possibly a bearing problem.
>
>Stephanie Kalasz
>Administrative Secretary/Deputy City Clerk
>City of Moscow, Idaho
>(208) 883-7080

Thomas C. Lamar, Executive Director

Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
P O Box 8596; 112 West 4th St; Suite #1
Moscow ID 83843-1096
Phone (208)882-1444; Fax (208)882-8029
url:  http://www.pcei.org

Celebrating sixteen years of "connecting people, place and community".