meeting wed 8/21 7pm Mikey's Gyros

MER will be having its weekly meeting at Mikey's Gyro's, downtown Moscow,
Wednesday night (8/21/) at 7pm.
The University of Idaho is having Palousafest this saturday, so we need
people to commit to tabling and gathering signatures at the festival
starting at 4pm at the UI Commons.
Please respond if you can table at the festival.
If you know others who wish to be a part of this list, let us know.
If you no longer wish to recieve our emails, respond with "remove" in
subject line.

On July 15th, Moscow’s City Council approved Ordinance 2002-13, the nudity
ordinance.  The ordinance, as written, makes it illegal for a woman to bare
her breasts in public view.  This means her private property, including her
home, if it is open to public view.  It also makes it illegal for women to
wear certain bikinis and attire in public.
The fine is up to $500 or 6 months in jail.
MER believes the ordinance is sexist and unconstitutional and suppresses the
rights of women in order to prevent another person from feeling a certain
way.
MER is committed to upholding the 14th amendment's guarantee of equal
protection under the law for all citizens.
MER has started a petition drive to put the ordinance to a public vote.
2300 signatures of registered voters in the city of Moscow must be collected
by September 24.