Re: Death Penalty: vision 2020: Eric E./Bruce Livingston

To be forwarded to Vision 2020

Dear Eric,

I think I missed some stages in your argument, because you seem to me to be
saying:

a.  Yes, there are often mistakes in capital cases, which is
regrettable--but it is more Godly to execute innocent people mistakenly than
to fail to execute *somebody.*

b.  Anyone found guilty of murder should be killed immediately, in order to
demonstrate the sanctity and value of life.

c.  The swift execution of convicted murderers, regardless of their guilt or
innocence, would so impress the population with the justice of the penal
system that they would be deterred from committing murder.

d.  A-C above are actually in accordance with the Divine will, even if they
appear prima facie to be obscene miscarriages of justice.

Now, that can't be what you meant.  Help me understand where I'm missing the
boat.

Melynda Huskey

------=_NextPart_000_2b14_4ae4_52fc--

Back to TOC