Don't Dodge the Issues on Relativism and Logic and Revelation

Visionaries:

You dodge the issue, Mr. Wilson.  I was talking about DOMESTIC USA LAW not
under suspension of civil liberties such as can happen in war.  Anyways, the
bombing of Dresden was done in war in a foreign country.  What does this
have to do with the varying laws on nudity that allow legal nudist colonies
in the USA, compared to the unvarying laws that render murder illegal
(though of course there are varying penalties, etc. for murder) all over the
USA?  My point was that nudity is not regarded as the same kind of moral
wrong as murder by the legal codes in the USA.  And in fact that by allowing
nudist colonies an implied statement is being made that nudity with children
and families in the outdoors socially, is not the moral horror some think.

Again, on another point, you do not address the issue I was raising: Is
there any war you have supported or would support where innocent children
have died?  If so, how can you justify this given your absolute rule that
killing innocent children is immoral?  Or do I misunderstand your absolute
about killing innocent children?  Are there cases where you would sanction
killing innocent children?  Anyways, you must tell me what WAR YOU HAVE
SUPPORTED, or address the exact point, or we are talking past each other,
not to each other.

Regarding logic "the best results" are those that use the universal rules of
logic.  I am puzzled by your response.  Let me be specific.  The syllogism

All men are mortal.
Socrates is a man.
Therefore Socrates is mortal.

is an example of a logical rule everyone can agree on, regardless of their
ethics or theology, correct?  Or do you take issue with the basic laws of
logic as they are taught in any University?  Are you going to claim the
above logical rule is "relativistic," is sometimes true and sometimes not?
If so, we have no rules to debate by.  These logical rules have nothing to
do with MY PERSONAL OPINION.  These kind of rules are why mathematics and
logic are called the universal languages, because people across all cultures
around the world can talk in mathematics and logic and understand each
other.

You have not given a single proof that relativism DOES NOT eat your ethical
system like a "universal acid," to use your phrase, and this is why:  1.)
You must have proof of revelation from God to prop up your claims that your
ethical system is absolute and not just a matter of your personal
interpretation of the Bible.  2.) And also answer why your claims of having
the true statements of revelation from God should be obeyed instead of the
DIFFERING statements from other spiritual traditions, and even from within
Christianity, that insist THEY have the true statements of ethical truth
revealed from God.

I have asked the above two questions several times on vision2020, and have
yet to get a good answer from those who are claiming to have particular
absolute God given Christian ethical rules (which are sometimes THEIR
interpretation of Christian ethics, and are not all universally agreed upon
within Christianity) that must be followed, or those who do not are lost in
chaos and relativism.

Till you provide the evidence and proofs to answer the above problems I
conclude you are living the life "not worth living" with an "unexamined
epistemology,"  according to your statement I am quoting from.  Actually, I
think many people lead good lives without exhaustive thinking about
epistemology.  Thank goodness!

Ted