Re: Hwy 95 Bypass

Date forwarded: 	Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:07:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:           	"John Danahy" <JDANAHY@turbonet.com>
Subject:        	Re: Hwy 95 Bypass
Date sent:      	Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:59:46 -0700

> Thank you Phil for your information.  Perhaps you could answer a few more
> questions?

I'll give them a shot.

> What was the travel time Hwy 8/Third Street before the south end was rebuilt
> into its current traffic pattern?

The south couplet was planned several years ago, before the
formation of the transportation commission. I don't know what studies
were done during its planning process.

> Does the ITD have a definition of congestion that they use?

I don't know. I'll ask our ex-officio ITD representative at the next
meeting.

> Finally, was any of this type of information used to determine the current
> traffic pattern at the south end of town?

Again, I don't know, but I can ask the ITD folks and get back to you.

> John Danahy
> jdanahy@turbonet.com

Philip Cook
Moscow, ID