Thoughts about one post a day, Vera and "The Dougs"

Trying to keep up with this list while out of town is near impossible. I have
been out of town on family business for three weeks, and will not be returning
until the end of August. A few of my thoughts on the various topics that I have
had a few moments to read. ( I can't BELEIVE how full my mailbox has been! *L*)

1. The one post a day suggestion I don't really care for. I do think the
subject should be stated in the subject line, giving the reader the opportunity
to use the delete key. I belong to another chat site, which is set up so that
when one makes a post, then the replies are within that post. It is called a
corkboard. Perhaps First Step could set something up like that here? Then those
of us who have no interest in a particular subject could pass it by. Those that
wish to debate, could do so within that cork.

2. I read in my online version of the Daily News, that Vera White doesn't care
for a few topics Vision2020. There are topics here I don't care for either...
reading how other people think and why they think that way I find very
educational. There is a vast variety of people that live in our community,
understanding their way of life, for me, leads to a greater understanding of
the world around me. It would be a shame if we were all the same, don't you
think?

3. The Doug's leave? I hope not. Prior to their arrival there would be days
without anything being sent on Vision2020. Like I said previously, use the
delete key if you don't like the subject line, or the writer. Without EVERYONE
having the freedom to say what wish here, regarding our community and their
thoughts on it, we are being given a very limited view out the window of our
homes into the diversity of the neighborhood I call Moscow.

In closing, I miss home. I miss going to the grocery store and seeing the warm
and smiling faces of people I have passed in the isles for literally YEARS...
never knowing their name, yet feeling that sense of close community that Moscow
has... i miss not being able to see or smell the air... or see the blanket of
stars twinkling in the sky at night... There is a cultural excess here, what is
a short blip on the national news, is written in grusome detail in the LA
Times, telling me much too much detail into the deaths of young girls
kidnapped, raped and murdered... I can't help but wonder, do people down here
ever get used to this? I couldn't.

I am proud to live in a Paradise called The Palouse, and can't wait to return
home.

Janesta
Sullivan

           http://www.fsr.net/