2020 Options?

1. I like Kenton Bird=B9s suggestion about one post per day, leaving it open
to content, whether deeper issues or lap lane counts or plastic bags. But
this would have to be posted on the subscription instructions somewhere.

OR=20

2. Subdivide the list by subject line. This could mean that anything other
than local announcements would have a subject line that opened with
=B3Dialogue:=B2 or =B3Announcement:=B2 followed by the subtopic. This could be
joined with (1) above to reduce flow. This might help those who just want
announcements.=20

--MS_Mac_OE_3111423739_1149797_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: 2020 Options?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hi Folks,<BR>
<BR>
I don't like Kenton Bird's notion of one post/day. &nbsp;Though I think Ken=
ton is a fine guy, I think that it limits dialogue, and reflects some rather=
 unsettling aspects of how much of life ought to be occupied by politics-- i=
n other words, not much.<BR>
<BR>
I think it's always useful to label posts.<BR>
<BR>
I think Doug Wilson's endless harangues about post-modernism are tiring. &n=
bsp;Just because Doug likes to conduct what we in information theory call an=
 endless meta-level argument doesn't make it interesting. &nbsp;As we're fon=
d of saying, Doug-- it's turtles all the way down! &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
What I'm ALWAYS interested in hearing about is anyone's views on particular=
 issues, as well as our radical right community brethren. &nbsp;I'm always i=
nterested in hearing the rationale behind women being required to wear head =
scarves or taking discipline from their husbands. &nbsp;I think that when th=
e radical right discuss their views on what physical/social/legal action nee=
ds to be taken regarding a contemporary problem, that we understand them the=
 exact way we need to understand them-- because this often reflects their vi=
ew toward law and policy that they would like to apply to all of Moscow.<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Pezeshki<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>&quot;Doug Jones&quot; &lt;credenda@moscow.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:11:06 -0400<BR>
<B>To: </B>&quot;'Vision 20/20'&quot; &lt;vision2020@moscow.com&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>2020 Options?<BR>
<B>Resent-From: </B>vision2020@moscow.com<BR>
<B>Resent-Date: </B>Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:17:14 -0700 (PDT)<BR>
<BR>
1. I like Kenton Bird=B9s suggestion about one post per day, leaving it open =
to content, whether deeper issues or lap lane counts or plastic bags. But th=
is would have to be posted on the subscription instructions somewhere. <BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
OR <BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
2. Subdivide the list by subject line. This could mean that anything other =
than local announcements would have a subject line that opened with =B3Dialogu=
e:=B2 or =B3Announcement:=B2 followed by the subtopic. This could be joined with (=
1) above to reduce flow. This might help those who just want announcements. =
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3111423739_1149797_MIME_Part--

Back to TOC