Vera-lent tolerance

Dear visionaries,

FYI

Editor,

I noticed Vera White's column this last weekend lamenting the state of public discourse on Vision 20/20. Allow me to summarize her argument: "Vision 20/20 was established so that we could have an open exchange of views, and what peeves me is when people who disagree with me get to express their views."
        Actually, when I first posted to Vision 20/20, I knew that I was trespassing in the sanctuary of tolerance. I also knew from a number of personal experiences that the liberal reputation for tolerance is frequently overrated. And so I offered (a number of times) to make myself scarce. It is a standing offer. I am more than willing to take my "sermons" (with all those contrarian, disturbing thoughts), and head off somewhere else. There is no need to grab me where the pants hang loose and perform an electronic defenestration. I would go quite willingly.
        But before I do, I want to know if Vera is speaking only for herself, or for a number of others on the forum. If she represents a number of others, there would be no need to ask me twice. I would get the heck out of Dodge, and leave it a quiet, serene, and above all, tolerant, place.

Douglas Wilson
1151 North Polk
Moscow, ID 83843

882-2034