Kenton Bird's Common Sense

  Many thanks to Kenton Bird for expressing what most
V2020 subscribers are thinking.
  One post per day is plenty!
  This endless rebuttal stuff is becoming downright
dreckful--not to mention silly and a waste of time.

  I was amused at a couple of the endless posts that I
happened to glance at before deleting.

   One frequent back-and-forth post-er asked, "where
have you been? Have you not been reading the posts on
this list?" As if this was an unimaginable horror.

   Well I've got news, with a whole row of
posts--scores of them from a few back and
forth-ers--MOST subscribers are not reading the posts
here.

   It might be an entertaining luxury if everyone
could keep up with the recorded stream of
consciousness of a handful of individuals.

   But time just doesn't permit.

   I noticed another post with only the words "Ho-Hum,
click, delete," or something similar as the only new
comment. This was sent to the entire list!

   Endless rebuttals, arguments, comments etc. are
wonderful. But what's wrong with sending them ONLY to
the person you're rebutting/arguing with and NOT to
the entire list?
   This is not only easier, but it will keep many
people who are thinking of unscubscribing due to the
incredible number of posts from doing so.

  I'm not saying don't post--I'm just saying that
limiting the sheer numbers, as Mr. Bird recommended,
would be welcome to many subscribers.

  Less really can be more.
     TL