Re: Kenton's wisdom

At 09:02 PM 07/30/2002 -0700, john pool wrote:
>I wonder why the list has thus far been (as far as I can tell) silent about
>the city's budget proposal and plan to swell the bureaucratic ranks. Am I
>the only one who thinks their timing is less than propitious? Or is there a
>general feeling that it's a done deal and protest would be a breath-waster?

Thanks John for getting a new topic going.

I thought it was very interesting that they wanted to start developing a
surplus "just in case" and now they want to spend all this money on extra
positions.  Then tonights paper states that they want to borrow money to
pay for emergency services.  I think somebody is having money management
problems.

Bill Kerr
billk@moscow.com
billk@drseuss.lib.uidaho.edu