[Fwd: Re: A modest proposal]

Kenton Bird wrote:
> Vision 2020 is a different forum than a newspaper editorial page, of course.
>   "Space" is not a limiting factor, but the time of subscribers is finite.
> With all due respect to the diversity of views expressed on the list in the
> past month, the volume is simply overwhelming for many of us.
>
> Consequently, I propose that writers adhere to a self-imposed limit of one
> posting per day, choosing to frame issues in a way that speaks to a larger
> audience.

> I submit that the quality of commentary on the list would be higher if
> everyone had to choose their words carefully and/or wait 24 hours before
> sending another reply, instead of just firing off repeated  rebuttal
> messages.

Yes, yes, yes. The quality might be higher if some waited 48
hours! I'll sign up for that frequency.

But I'll use this opportunity (because you won't hear from
me for 48 hours plus) to hope that the Moscow City Council
might compromise on a replacement ordinance which made our
fair city look less silly.

Don Coombs

Back to TOC