RE: RE: A New Twist

Greetings Visionaires -

Mike Lawyer Stated:

If people had any internal morality, we wouldn't need silly laws like making
women wear their clothing in public. You're right it is a silly law, but the
fact that a few women don't seem to have the moral wherewithal to cloth
themselves properly and a bunch of other women think that's perfectly okay,
proves there is a problem (again that checkers and backgammon thing).

Passage of Ordinance 2002-13 by the city council makes the following
statement loud and clear by the city council:

"Women in Moscow are not capable of making a mature and sound decision when
it comes to appropriate attire when presenting themselves publicly.  As
members of the city council, we will make that decision for them."

The women I saw at the rally this afternoon were not looking for reasons to
go topless in Moscow.  They simply wanted the same options that their male
counterparts enjoy:  the freedom to choose.

If Ordinance 2002-13 were rescinded, the streets of Moscow would not be
crowded by topless women.  If this were the case, this ordinance would have
been passed many years ago.

Another item of interest:  Both the Republican and religious right wing have
preached (what seems like forever) against government influence in our
private lives.  Yet, now they feel it is appropriate for the government to
dictate how women will dress.  And don't even get me started on Roe v. Wade.

I guess that I better go hide my books before I am told to burn them.

WAKE UP!  What is wrong with letting women choose?

God Bless the 14th Amendment,

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

Work like you don't need the money.