In Search of Irony at the Rainbow Rally

Dear Visionaries,

For anyone who might be willing to take a look, I wrote up a brief essay titled, “In Search of Irony at the Rainbow Rally.” It’s about the recent, local counter protest to the Fred Phelps threat, and it’s obviously from a different perspective than that of supporters of the rally. It aims to be light but also focus on deeper issues than gay/lesbian questions, namely the conflict between irony and equality.

More importantly, though, it’s one of those rare Vision 20/20 offerings that doesn’t even mention toplessness. Tremble. (And, please, whoever has been giving Garrett Clevenger all that coffee -- just stop it.)

I’m offering it here for review and comment before I submit it to a couple of national magazines to reject.

You can find it at: http://www.credenda.org/old/rainbowrally.html

Doug Jones

Credenda/Agenda

Back to TOC