Re: Criminal syllogism

Tom Hansen wrote:
> My definition of "equal" (relative to this debate) is found in the 14th
> Amendment to the US Constitution.
>
> "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the
> jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state
> wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
> abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor
> shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without
> due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the
equal
> protection of the laws."

A majority of challenges to breast regulations claim such laws violate the
14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees equal protection.

As my dad used to say, "that dog won't hunt." Courts have rejected that
argument, saying female breasts are different than male breasts because they
are generally understood to be "private areas."

Of course, this goes back to the equivocation in the use of the word
"equal." There are myriad ways in which men and women are equal; there are
significant ways in which they are not. It is the difference which liberals
like to either ignore or pretend don't exist.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho

Back to TOC