Re: Public Nudity - Our Community

John Guyer:
Walter Steed and I actually agree on this.  I too appreciate your
willingness to jump into the dialog on V2020.
While many elected officials subscribe to V2020--as a chance to see which
way the wind is blowing, I assume--very few use this community forum as a
vehicle for interaction.
If more elected officials used this forum, perhaps we could begin to bridge
the existing gulf between government and public (which results in low voter
turnout, etc).  Anyway, that was an original purpose for this list.
BL

John Guyer wrote:

> Walter,
>
> :-)  Open dialog is a lot of work.  I am glad that you appreciate the
> dialog.  I hope that others do as well.
>
> I have had some very civil discussions, with some very nice people (some
> agreed, others disagreed).  I have also had some less then civil email
> sent as well. Comes with the territory I guess.
>
> The biggest problem with having a dialog here is that it is like having
> a debate in an auditorium with no moderator and everyone talking at
> once.  Technology can be a wondrous thing! :-) The next problem is there
> simply is not enough time in the day to respond to everyone.  Who needs
> sleep anyway...
>
> -John

Back to TOC