Thousands Not Represented!! Re: Who Are The Boobs?

Visionaries:

Democracy in the USA is currently, with the levels of participation in
voting and other civic spheres, only a minority activity, if we count the
total number of possible legal participants against the actual number.
Therefore, from this analysis it can be concluded there are rarely if ever
decisions made by any governmental entity in the USA that are truly an
expression of a full "majority" of the people affected.  This pathetic and
sad rate of participation in what is often quite erroneously termed "the
world's greatest DEMOCRACY" is one of the tools often used by organized
minorities to push their agenda through.  They know that with limited
participation they have a much higher chance of controlling the outcomes of
elections, or in this case, manipulating city councils.  My congratulations
to the motivation and organization of certain groups in Moscow who are
succeeding in influencing the system!  They serve as an example to us all in
how to make real political change!  The opposition needs to pay attention to
this!

In the case of the input to the city council on the nudity ordinance, there
are thousands of legal voters and residents of Moscow who are currently
absent from the area, whose voice was not heard on this issue.  The fact
that this ordinance was pushed through in the summer when we all know most
of the student population is absent certainly pokes a hole in the assertion
that the "majority" of Moscow residents
were represented.

Ted