RE: Rebuttal to US95 South

Chuck,

I realize that some of those people who live on the current route of US95 seem self-serving (I personally don't live there), but can you say that you're not?  Would you be so adamantly opposed to the highway realignment if you lived on the east side of Paradise Ridge?  And they're not sacrificing the ridge.  The deer (and moose, foxes, coyotes, turkeys, etc.) will still have plenty of habitat on the preserved portion of Paradise ridge, as well as in the Blaine area.

As for the development issue, it all begins with people who move to the rural settings, then expect the same services they received when they lived in the more urban areas.  Most people who move to "the country" are ill-prepared and ill-equipped for the harsh realities that they encounter.

Personally, just as a member of the public, I am looking forward to a 4-lane North-South highway for the state of Idaho.  This is the 21st century, after all.  The realignment of US95 best serves the public interest, and that is the main concern of ITD.

But, I don't have the letters "Dr." before my name, so I guess my opinion is just the silly ramblings of an uneducated member of the public and doesn't carry as much weight.

Dan Carscallen

Back to TOC