Re: The Curtailment of "Mudboging"...

Visionaries:

I must agree with most of the responses to this issue.  There is no
problem with riding OHV vehicles, but I can't see any purpose in flipping
up mud and destroying a meadow to satisfy some socially programmed
male-dominated (you don't see as many females) need to destroy.  I would
be curious in exploring the differences between males and females (real
and social) and certain percieved "masculine" and "feminine" behaviors.
How much of this "War of the Sexes" actually has a basis and how much is
just social programming?  For example, why do little boys, when aimming to
insult one another, call each other the most vile insult of all: a girl?

Anyways, sports which can take place and still have a respect for
something other than just the sport, ie leave the field of action as you
found it, be curtious of other life, then it deserves to be regarded as a
sport.  If "mudboggers,"  skate boarders, sport hunters, baseball players,
football players, whatever, can't have respect for their surroundings then
they should be allowed to do their sport there.  Tolerance if for everyone
and everything.  Destroying a meadow does not count.  Riding along a
designated road does.

Love

Daniel

Back to TOC